Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Quarterly Creative Project. The intro. ^^

Hello my dear readers :)!

Yesterday, I have been having a not-so-good day, and ended up writing a really depressive entry into my paper diary. Somehow there were several things placed on that diary and I had to go through them anyways and found some old ideas of mine, some tips on how to cope with having too many goals for one lifetime, and such. But first things first :

When writing all these things down (the ones I found last night), I had been reading the book "What Do I Do When I Want To Do Everything?" by Barbara Sher. Well, the German version, of course. Anyways, this book deals with a certain type of people, which Barbara Sher called "scanners" : Their interests have a broad variety, many think they have to put everything into their job to really enjoy it, but since they are never completely fulfilled with doing only one thing out of their interests, they suffer greatly and in the end most likely quit.

I found out I must be one of those people, and it was at first not really easy to accept my "milestones" as what they were. In fact, I had forgotten long after working with the book that I even had milestone moments in life, and maybe that was what pulled me down.

However, I went through all these old ideas, and I stumbled over the term "quarterly creative project", which is exactly what it sounds like : You choose something to do creatively for the next three months and work your way through all the ideas you have, concentrate on one topic for a quarter of a year. I wasn*t sure what to choose but since I had tried to draw portraits and I wish to become better, I will choose drawing portraits as the first challenge for three months. I hope I will finally be able to draw shadows for real (Since this is the biggest trouble I have with drawing portraits), and that I will learn new techniques and get to draw a LOT more :).

I of course don*t want to give up other things, and I might end up doing them, too, but I find the idea to work on something that intensely really thrilling!

Here*s the first portrait of the series. The one I worked on today. Let*s see how my portraits look in three months, shall we?


I will keep you updated. And yes, I put the original there for comparison. See you later, alligator!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the quarterly creative project! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I wish it had been solely my own idea, but I could at least choose what to use it for ;).

      Delete