Monday, November 11, 2013

Der Strickdiktator will euch stricken seh*n ...

And here*s some bigger news : Two or three days ago, I learned how to knit. I cannot knit every single knitting style already of course, but I am so proud I can make the first row & the garter stitch :D.

I cannot post my knitting results as I still have some problems with knitting (The knittings (?) always tend to fall off my needles, nooo!!), but I still want to explain it a little here. I will make a video for this purpose then, most likely! It is pretty easy actually - however, I don*t know how to make left knittings (yet).

I wish I could post more about this (Actually I tried a moment ago, but it is hard to explain although it is easy to do :P). So I will leave you to that, will try to make a video this weekend or so to explain the knitting techniques ... :)


Ah yes, and if you end up buying wool for your first project, please have a look at the wool pack; mine said you*ll need 6-7mm needles. This way you*ll know what needles are needed. (You cannot knit every kind of wool with every kind of needle!!)

Ah yes #2, the magazine "Brigitte" released a knitting special this month, which actually is the mag lying below my needles :). I have two wool balls right now, both the same width -- one is pink, the other one is turquoise :D. These are two of my favourite colours after all.

And, by learning how to knit, a childhood dream of mine was fulfilled. I never learned knitting in school, and so, this is a beautiful opportunity :). My mum* and my granny* both helped me a lot and I want to thank them for their patience :).

What were your childhood dreams? What did you always want to learn? Maybe this is a good opportunity to make them come true at last ...

2 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that you're getting into knitting! I can just about knit a scarf, anything more advanced is completely beyond me :)
    I didn't realise that you can't knit all yarns with whatever size needles...explains why my 'ugly scarf' is such a weird shape lol
    I hope you'll post some of your knitting endeavours online when you're ready! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall do so, really :). Right now my granny* took my wool, but it was with my consent. I will get new wool very soon and then hopefully be able to write more about this subject :D.

      Delete