Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Papercutting? Calligraphy? Art? Music? Ohhh, the love!! :)

Recently I went to the dentist with my mum*, so we sat in the waiting room and I looked around and found some papercuttings on the walls, and now that my curiosity was awakened, I really have been thinking about ways to make them myself. This didn*t really help me, so I went to Wikihow instead and found this tutorial ... I really found the idea of using papercuts in all variations great, but I won*t tell you too much about my plans.

What I will tell you, however, is that i am totally in "construction mode" right now, which is good :). I really want to do calligraphy now, for real. I once made something calligraphy-like for my granny* for Christmas, but then again, she couldn*t read it ... I felt rather sorry then for confusing her, but that*s not the subject right now.

Also, I am currently - along with "Lost Souls" (Poppy Z. Brite) and "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon #6" (Naoko Takeuchi) - reading a book by Barbara Sher, called What Do I Do When I Want To Do Everything?, and it is very good. I followed the advice so far and really found some projects I could work on, for example, in my own room :). For example, I want to draw notes (Yes, yes, sheet-music-like!) onto the walls in the rehearsal room, and I want to make some furniture, or better said build something else out of them (Apart from the desk which I will really make myself ... With help, though ;)!), and I want to make, not a triptychon, but "one" image made of five (!) single pictures. And I want to have a corner with photographs & postcards & collages.

I need aaart~!! Also I started working on a new song on Friday. :) I hope I will be able to record it well & also to upload it.

What have you been up to? I really want to make an art journal, too, thanks go to Gala Darling & the person whose "Radical Self-Love Bible" she shared in her blog recently :). I am amazed because of this, so thanks for the inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment